The following are the standard House Rules for all Guests:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in our home, smoking is allowed outside, but butts are to be contained and removed from premises, or cleaning fees will be deducted from the deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. The house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its adjacent property. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, do not move furniture, damage furniture, or deface furniture, or you shall be responsible for the cost charge to move furniture back, repair or replace furniture.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. If it is found that the appliances are not used appropriately, the guests with be charged for the said property destruction, and any other harm to the property or adjacent properties.
6. Pets are allowed only if a pet fee of $75.00 is made. If there is a pet on the property, the guests are responsible for picking up after their pets and removing any feces and/or repairing any damage caused by their pet. Care should be taken to ensure that pets do not lay on beds or furniture, as it could cause fleas, dirt, and unnecessary wear and tear on furniture. It is recommended to bring a pet bed for them to sleep in. We love hosting furry friends, and there is a $75.00 pet fee for each pet, and proof of flea/tick free is required. Either a Vet Note, or pic of a prescription for each pet, regardless of their status (meaning medical and/or emotional). Please ensure that your pets are fully vaccinated before your stay, we in the country, and do not have control over any possible parasites or local wildlife interactions.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home. Guests are to pick up after themselves, the caretaker/cleaner is responsible for sanitizing, dusting, and cleaning. The caretaker/cleaner will charge extra for excessive filth, garbage, damage, feces, excessive dog hair, and other cleaning required for a house that is left unsanitary. Please be thoughtful when cleaning the home and abide by the check-out policy. Do not leave the cleaner with bio-hazard situations like blood, throw-up, urine, or feces. This is not only unsanitary, but completely unacceptable for the cleaners to handle any type of biohazard, period.
8. Fireplace: There is a wood burning (Our Private Paradise) electric fireplace (Our Dare Dream and Between the Sound and Sea), and a gas fireplace (Our Private Wooded Cabin) Guest are to use caution with all fireplaces and use them as intended. Guests will be responsible for any damage to the fireplace itself and will be held responsible for damage caused by not doing such, to include, but not limited to fires, electrical malfunction, and leaving said fireplace unattended.
9. Water and Plumbing: Our Dare Dream, Our Private Paradise, and Our Private Wooded Cabin are all on a septic system. Between the Sound and Sea is not on a septic system, it is on a system used only for Kinnakeet Shores HOA.
DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. Please ensure all of your guests, including children, do not flush anything else down the toilets. If it is found that objects such as toys are flushed, the guest WILL BE responsible for fees associated with a plumber to remove the item. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products or any other foreign matter is flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages if this occurs $1000.00.
10. Washing Machine and Dryer: When washing and drying, sand/dirt must be shaken from the garments outside before washing. Washing garments or clothing with excessive sand may cause damage not only to the washer and dryer but can cause plumbing and sewage problems as well.
11. Owner Closet: Owner’s locked closets are not included in the rental of the property and are not to be accessed by guests at any time. If it is found that the closets are forced open, the guest will be responsible for repair/replacement of locks or doors, and any supplies that are stolen.
12. Spas and Pool (Avon,NC): We do have a contract with a local Hot Tub company to maintain hot tub cleanliness and health. The Kinnakeet HOA Pool opening/closing schedules are subject to change without notice or refund. This unit does come with a hot tub and pool access, Tenant releases Agent and Owner from all liability for any injuries or death resulting from Tenant or Tenant’s guests’ use of the pool. Pool and/or hot tub may not be ready at check-in time.
For Our Private Paradise, we also have a contract with a local Hot Tub company to maintain hot tub cleanliness and health.
Rental Agent does not have or assume any responsibility for supervising the existence, frequency, or adequacy of pool and/or hot tub maintenance. Inadequately maintained hot tubs and pools can cause viral or bacterial illnesses that could be life threatening under various circumstances. Agent does not inspect or test the pools and hot tubs for the presence of health threatening organisms.
Tenants and guests must notify us immediately if they believe the hot tub is dirty so that we can address delinquency immediately with the Hot Tub company and should not enter the hot tub if it is believed it not clean.
When Tenant and guests use a pool or hot tub, they assume the risk of illness from an improperly maintained pool or hot tub. Tenant releases Agent from any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of an improperly or inadequately maintained pool or hot tub. No alcohol, pets, or urinating in pools or hot tubs. If the hot tub is damaged or requires additional cleaning due being used guests improper use (alcohol, sand, dirt, feces just examples) the guest will be charged the cost to clean or repair the hot tub. Children under 12 are NOT permitted in hot tubs. PROPER SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.